Thursday, April 2, 2009

Discrimination Everywhere!















Since when I started knowing the 'world', I'd found discrimination everywhere, in almost all the aspects I'd gone through.

You might have had seen such things. I know a school where there were different uniforms for students depending on their 'religion'. That sounded ridiculous to me which was the first pathetic thing I've heard and felt bad about. They give their own reasons on 'why', but to us it's always sounds like a discrimination. So, I am sure, every one of you might have faced such things since when you even wouldn't have known what's the meaning of 'discrimination'. So, this was the start!!

As we grow up, might have seen many such people/ communities, creating riots and calling them 'aandolan' or whatever. We might also had behaved in such way with some or the other person(s). I accept that I was a racist, I didn't like Catholics, but that's when I was a kid. This mentality of mine had a reason - the so called environment where I'd grown up.


Truly - Environment/ Society will also be responsible for what we are currently, at times. And so - 'Parents'. We are (at least how I think) totally clones of our parents in terms of attitude (not talking about physical appearances and that stuff). If not completely, at least a bit of it rules in us - good or bad. I won't be surprised if I will the victim of such discrimination by people of society for writing this blog. The society is that 'thing' which may call 'Love' as the synonym of 'Lust' and lets us bound to believe it as a fact. But are you gonna be the one who will be part of that so called society which doesn't know what is what? I would NEVER!!

And that's how we grow up, carrying the essence of attitude with us. We will never know cons of ones self unless heard from a friend or a foe. We usually grow up in such a way that we always seeks either others to praise us or be self-proclaiming. But nevertheless, we will realize at some point of time and try to attain/ retain what we lost/ gonna lose. We learn from mistakes. And try not to repeat the same mistake. We reach a stage where we think we are totally matured. But there will be something is us which still lets others think we are immature/ foolish.

I can talk about one issue (which we think it is, but actually not - at least to me) as well. We discriminate Gays/ Lesbians - Why? We take it funny/ kinky when we hear that 'he' slept with 100 women and forget it later. But when we come to know that some 'he' slept with a guy (had to use this language, pls excuse me if it's offensive), we start saying - oh crap, unnatural, sin and what not? Do/ does they bother you in any ways? Do they force/ insist 'You' to have sexual stuff with them? Why only 'unnatural sex' hits our mind-sets when we talk about Gay/ Lesbians? Can't there be much more beyond just that what we call as 'insanity'? Is that really insanity? They live their own lives and don't interfere in our lives intentionally, then why not let them live in peace? Why to worry ourselves or to annoy them when they are gonna be responsible for their own lives without disturbing us (others)?

Well, I myself am very neural towards them - no hatred/ no harsh feelings. What I feel is it's their lives and they are happy with it on a mutual understanding. It's not gonna harm me anyways if they are my friends or whatsoever, because I know what I'm and I know what I need. Simple!! But I've heard myself from my own friends itself commenting on them very funnily even though they didn't even exchange a single word with those friends of mine. They just pass by on street and that's it. I can't argue with such people who had already decided something and don't wanna come out of the closet , because I know they obviously will deny my thoughts about it. So, I keep calm without commenting anything and giving a grin.

Not only this sexuality stuff, we discriminate others in so many things. If we live in USA and if we are with our own community (such as Telugu/ Gujarati etc etc), we will be least bothered about people who are not belonging to that community which we call our 'own'. And when we don't have such community around us, we become part of that community of people whom we would have defined as 'others' if we wouldn't have been deserted.. Lol....

Not only these, there is Age Discrimination, Race Discrimination ................. omg.. what not!!

Not sure why such things happens with 'us'. Why we have multiple forms of behaviors (or should I call 'Attitudes'?) depending upon the situations? Hmmmm....

Discrimination, Racism and what not we develop in ourselves w/ or w/ no intentions. We become ignorant and claim as if we are innocent. Why?

I hope you got what I'm trying to convey you. Well I don't say I'm a 'proper' human being. I've discriminated few people too. I have some weaknesses which I always can work on, rather working on.

Please let me know your thoughts about 'my' thoughts and put your thoughts - no matter what thoughts they are gonna be.

~ Cheers...

Note: The picture used has been taken from web. I do not own it!!

17 comments:

Veni said...

In your earlier post you had mentioned, you came to US because your parents were forcing you to get married and you were not interested and now after reading these thoughts I am wondering what can be the real reason? dont take me wrong but after reading your writings I got this doubt.

You have written well and I agree that every individual has right to live the way they want, some may be happy to live in the way the society wants us to live and some would go against every one and our society norms. But the real question is can you still be happy going against your society if your own family members are unhappy and for your own happiness you are taking their happiness with you.

Instead I would think how to make them understand what we want and try to convince them rather escaping from reality.

Thitherwards said...

Veni, I'm totally with you. I know what you say and I'm the one who follows that either - about parents.
Also, no wonder you/ people suspect me. It's truly understandable because both my blogs are ambiguous. ;)

But let me tell you something, we may not be what we write. Writings may not imply the true & complete personality of the author. Rather they may imply (I guess) the way they think broader. Especially my writings are my feelings on happenings about my friends, family, people around and myself.

I want to write more in this regard as you have provoked me share a lot. But I'd to go to work now. But surely will I write when I get back home. This is just to say folks - our interpretations my go wrong. It's how we take them and understand people :)

Cheers...

Veni said...

Thanks for your updates and I will be waiting to see your post but may not be able to see it before monday.

Keep writing and have a wonderful weekend.

Anjali said...

Hmmmm........... Nice to read you’re thought...
May i know your name...? I searched in blog... but in vain...
From which place you hail...

Thitherwards said...

Veni, thank you so much.. hope u had a wonderful weekend too...

Anjali, thanks for your comments on my thoughts... btw, may I know how did you get my blog's link? just keen...
anyways, I hail from Hyderabad...

Anjali said...

Then you know telugu... very nice to know that...
you didnt answer my first question...
Let me get answer for that... i ll let you know from where i got your blog link

Thitherwards said...

:-) I can guess who are you by the way you are asking me ma name :P omg! how many blogs you have? :P:P
well, my name is of one of the emperors who ruled India :)
btw, is A=V? :) ;)

Anjali said...

By using your clues...I hope your name may be Arjun. But i doubt it is not your original name..
Hey wat is this... tell me the original name.

Thitherwards said...

FYI...... u have a poor historical knowledge... I guess.. Did Arjun (from Mahabharatha) rule India? I didn't know that... lol...

Anjali said...

Yes.. Am not as smart as you are.... MR A.
Akbar? Alex wont come because you said A to V.

Anjali said...

I hope you are not muslim?
Am i right?

Thitherwards said...

I said is A=V? That means is Anjali = Veni.. lol.....

Anjali said...

abba... wat a logic... out of the box...
N number of people are there Mr X...
Whom shd i?
Ashok is it right?
Are you online?
send me your g talk id...
if you dont have issues

Anjali said...

hey send me your frens blog also...
I dont have work... feeling bore...
I ll check their articles also

ಸುಧೇಶ್ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ said...

I really don't understand why people are behind you asking your name:)

- Sudhesh

Anjali said...

Hi Sudhi,

I hope your fren might think that am eating is head.
Just causally i asked his name..
If he dont wabt to reveal... fine chaltha... not a problem...
I think this would be my last comment in this blog...
Anyway MR A Put nice nice thoughts...
Take Care... bye....

Thitherwards said...

Anjali.... nothing offensive or personal pls.. well, I didn't say not to write in my blogs.. rather I wud be happy to see people/ friends reading my stuff..

cheers!